27 Apr Stuck at Home? Try These Ideas Out
Quarantine and social distancing are no fun and certainly have been a lot for most of us to adjust to. Even though it’s been a tough few weeks, the reality is that the better we get at sticking to these new social norms, the sooner we can squash the Coronavirus and get back to normal life! With that in mind, we want to help you make some fun memories out of this trying time.
Fortunately for those of us lucky enough to live in and around Bel Air Maryland, there are lots of great ways to make the most of this time, for starters, we’re surrounded by local businesses that are willing to go the extra mile by offering social-distancing-safe service, which really makes all the difference. What’s more, if you’re a resident of one of the area’s premier family-friendly apartment complexes like Seasons of Bel-Air- you have access to even more ways to kick up your heels in a responsible way. Keep on reading for some specifics!
1. Try some Old Fashioned Fun
When fun is at a premium, and you need to scratch that itch for a relaxing group activity, board games are a reliable solution.
- Games bring the entire family together. Play some board or card games to pass the time and bond with your kids. Classics like Scrabble, Clue, and Monopoly are favorites of all ages, or you can try your hand at one of the new games the younger generation likes, such as Exploding Kittens or Throw Throw Burrito.
- Learn a new language, try the Duolingo App. This is a great way to pass the time and pick up a new language. Impress your friends with how fluent you become in a short amount of time.
2. Binge-Worthy Options
The phrase “Netflix and chill” has never been so appropriate. Hunker down with your favorite TV series, or just binge on ridiculous 80s movies. Maybe you’re more into vlogs. There’s nothing stopping you from firing up a LONG list of your favorite YouTube channels.
- For comedy, consider The Office, Schitt’s Creek, The Good Place, or something classic like the Andy Griffith Show for the kids.
- For cartoons, check out Dragon Prince or binge-watch your child’s favorite series from start to finish. My Little Pony is actually quite entertaining, even for adults.
- Reality TV is abundant on Netflix. Love Is Blind is a popular one to consider.
3. Tons of Movie Choices
Maybe you’re in a mood for a movie instead. With Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Amazon Prime at your disposal, you can find a number of movies for the whole family. Some of the best available right now include:
- Spider Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- El Camino
- Lost Girls
- Black Panther and the entire Marvel Universe Lineup is available on Disney+
- Indiana Jones Series – Netflix
4. Get Creative in the Kitchen
Cooking can be frustrating when you don’t have basic items like eggs, milk, or butter. Thankfully, USA Today has got our back with this awesome list of recipes you can whip together even without some of the classic baking ingredients! rom mini blueberry cheesecakes, no egg chocolate chip cookies and the best chocolate chip cookies
, (if you have everything), and a delicious chocolate cake that uses no butter or eggs, if you ever just need a good baking session, we’ve got you covered
5. Support Local Restaurants
If cooking with limited ingredients doesn’t sing to you, why not order out? As we mentioned, there are lots of local eateries here in Bel Air that offer responsible service even during this restrictive time. These include;
- Greenbrier Shopping Center – Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy
- Lebanese Kitchen Restaurant VA – takeout close at 8pm
- Bonefish Grill – takeout
- MOD Pizza – to go and delivery
- Mission BBQ – takeout
- Cafe Rio Mexican Grill – takeout
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen – take out, delivery and drive-thru
- McDonald’s – drive-thru only
- Crazy Sushi Asian Bistro – takeout
- Flame Kabob – takeout
Clearly, you won’t be going hungry during quarantine!
6. Do an At-Home Workout
Are you worried about gaining weight while you’re stuck at home? Worry no more! You could try these easy to use apps:
Stay Sane at Home During Quarantine
Even though we all have a responsibility to shelter in place, it’s still okay to go for a walk as long as we remain socially distant from people we don’t live with. That means a stroll to a local park is fair game. Walking around Riverside with a mask may give you some of the respite you need during your self-quarantine. Always follow local and CDC guidelines for social distancing if you do have to go out of the house.
We hope this list is helpful to take the edge off during lockdown. One of the very most important tips we’ve found is to just ease into the extra free time, and try to relax through it. Try to think about how much you would be wishing for some free time during normal circumstances, make a list of all the to-do’s that you usually never get around to for lack of time and try working through a few of those. Then, when it’s time to bunker down into your couch with a bowl of popcorn and a triple feature, make sure to enjoy that to the max as well. One of the few things we know for certain is that nothing lasts forever, so make the most of it while it lasts!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.